One my missions in life is to help promote adobo to the world! I think I am succeeding! Everytime we invite friends for dinner for the first time I cook adobo. My adobo is always a success! Most of them ask for the recipe and I most happily give it to them. I know for a fact that a lot of our friends have since then made it for their families and other friends. Long live adobo! I hope that one day our beloved dish will come out of obscurity. I love adobo! This is the recipe that makes me happy.
1kg pork liempo with a good amount of fat (loin)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup vinegar
1/2 tbsp blackpepper
1 head garlic crushed
1 bay leaf
1 tbsp sugar
1. Put pork, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, pepper, water, and bay leaf in a pan.
2. Boil in medium heat until half the water has evaporated or until meat is tender (You can add more water if longer boiling time is required).
3. Take out the pork from the sauce.
4. Sprinkle sugar over pork then fry until brown in hot oil.
5. Put back in the sauce then simmer for 10 minutes.
adobo, Filipino food, recipe