This is my current favorite. I add dessicated coconut to make up for the lack of body of canned coconut milk.
1kg pork liempo with a good amount of fat (loin)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup vinegar
1/2 tbsp blackpepper
1 head garlic crushed
1 bay leaf
1 can coconut milk
1/2 cup dessicated coconut
1 tbsp sugar
1. Put pork, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, pepper, water, and bay leaf in a pan;
2. Boil in medium heat until half the water has evaporated or until meat is tender (You can add more water if longer boiling time is required);
3. Take out the pork from the sauce;
4. Sprinkle sugar over pork then fry until brown in hot oil;
5. Put back in the sauce;
6. Add coconut milk and desiccated coconut; and then
7. Simmer until sauce is thick.
This recipe is also posted in my food blog Bubut's House.
Technorati tags: Filipino+recipes adobo+sa+gata adobo Filipino+food