Grace of Filipina Soul tagged me to share seven weird or random things about myself. Actually, at first I wanted to concentrate on listing 7 weird things because I thought that making this list would be easy because I am quite weird. So, when I sat down to actually write it down, it turned out that I am perfectly normal because I cannot find anything to write. After about 2 weeks of thinking, I finally have to include random things as well:1. I work on a molecular biology technique called DNA microarray. I didn't think this was weird until I tried explaining to my mother and to my sister just what it is that I do. If you don't know what microarrays are and would like to know please check the wikipedia.
2. I don't know how to drive.
3. One of my greatest frustrations in life is not being able to buy shoes. Here in Switzerland adult shoes start at size 36 and children's shoes end at size 34. I am size 35 (size 5 in the Philippines). I have to go home to the Philippines to buy shoes.
4. My favorite dish is crispy pata (crispy pork knuckles).
5. I can't swim (even after taking 2 swimming lessons). When snorkeling, I use a life vest. I guess I have to learn how to swim if I want to learn how to dive.
6. I jog about 10 kilometers at least 3 times a week.
7. I dream of running the New York Marathon within the next 2 years.
So, now that you know that, in return, I would like to tag 7 blogs. I chose these blogs because they are my recent favorites.
1. Zherwin of My Thoughts
2. Arpee of Pinoy Life at Large
3. Chris of Nomad4Ever
4. Rye of Hola Filipinas
5. Jamunoops of Why not coconut
6. Earvin of Carrot Prince
7. You! If you feel like sharing something about yourself.
Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share seven random and/or weird things about yourself.
3. Tag seven people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.